511 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
2027 Village Lane, Suite 101, Solvang, CA 93463
2001 N. Solar Drive, Unit 220, Oxnard, CA 93036
Matt Harrison is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon. He maintains a full time clinical practice devoted exclusively to disorders of the foot and ankle. His particular interests include arthritis, deformity, sports injuries, and trauma. He believes the ideal treatment plan maximizes nonoperative care prior to considering surgery.
Dr. Harrison earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Minnesota Institute of Technology. He worked as a design engineer in the automotive industry prior to entering medical school. After attending the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, he completed five years of intensive orthopaedic residency training at the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland. During this time, he established a comprehensive foundation for treating foot and ankle disorders.
He gained advanced fellowship education at the Oakland Bone and Joint Specialists in Oakland, California. He trained under Roger Mann MD, a world-renowned foot and ankle surgeon and pioneer. Following this, he completed a second fellowship with Matthew Tomlinson MD in Auckland, New Zealand. Dr. Tomlinson is regarded as New Zealand’s top foot and ankle authority.
Matt is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Matt enjoys living in the Southern California sun. His greatest accomplishment is being a husband and father. He enjoys scuba diving, hiking, fishing, and traveling.
Education, Certifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering – University of Minnesota
- Medical Doctorate – University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the Oregon Health and Science University
- Dual fellowship trained
- Oakland Bone and Joint Specialists, Oakland, CA – Roger Mann M.D., director
- Middlemore Hospital – Auckland, New Zealand – Matthew Tomlinson M.D., director
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society