511 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
2027 Village Lane, Suite 101, Solvang, CA 93463
2001 N. Solar Drive, Unit 220, Oxnard, CA 93036
Growing up in western Canada, Dr. Kenly has always felt a love for the outdoors. He believes that a fulfilling life is achieved through exploring and interacting with the world around us. His goal as an interventional pain management specialist is to improve patient function and quality of life through decreased pain.
His primary area of focus is pain that originates from the spine. He is able to utilize many different techniques to treat his patients’ pain. He is fellowship trained in interventional spine care and fluoroscopically guided procedures such as epidural steroid injections, medial branch neurotomy, spinal cord stimulation / neuromodulation, and other treatments to minimize the need for medications.
He believes that the most important aspect in managing pain is for his patients to understand why they hurt and be actively involved in developing a treatment plan. He takes the necessary time to discuss the problems and the different treatment options.
He also performs electrodiagnostic testing such as EMG and nerve conduction studies as needed to assist in making a diagnosis.
Dr. Kenly completed his undergraduate degree in Exercise and Sport Science on O’ahu, Hawaii. Following graduation, he spent a year as a hiking guide in the Swiss Alps (where he met his future wife). He earned his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine before heading back out west. His postgraduate training included an internship in Internal Medicine and residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Utah. This was followed by a year of fellowship training in interventional spine care and pain management which he completed in Atlanta, Georgia.
Since moving to Santa Barbara in 2010, Dr. Kenly has developed a love for sailing and is a frequent visitor to the Channel Islands. He also enjoys skiing and mountain biking with his wife and daughter when they aren’t exploring far off places from Galapagos to Cape Town.
Dr. Kenly utilizes his medical and life knowledge to connect with his patients in order to effectively treat their pain and improve their quality of life.
Education, Certifications and Memberships
- BSc, Exercise and Sport Science – Brigham Young University, Hawaii
- Medical Doctorate – Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at The University of Utah
- Fellowship training in Interventional Pain Management – Atlanta, Georgia
- Diplomate of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pain Medicine
- Member of the International Spine Intervention Society
- Member of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member of the North American Neuromodulation Society